International Student and Scholar Services
Director: Christina Luther
Associate Director: Jill Townley
Assistant Director: Joshua Davis
Karl Miller Center, Suite 660
International Student and Scholar Services staff work with admitted international students, visiting scholars, and international faculty. The office is a central source of information on the services and programs available to these groups. The staff work closely with sponsoring agencies, diplomatic missions, and other government agencies to resolve academic, financial, immigration and adjustment issues.
Services and programs offered to international students, scholars and faculty include:
• Intensive orientation programs for all incoming international students and faculty.
• Immigration advising for students, visiting scholars, and exchange students.
• Administration of scholarships specifically for international students.
• Educational and social events for international students and scholars with University and community groups, including a mentoring program which matches new international students with returning students.
• Weekly or quarterly workshops on issues affecting internationals, such as insurance, work permission, taxes, etc.
• A weekly International Coffee Hour open to all PSU students, staff, and faculty.
• Advising for faculty and staff regarding the invitation and employment of international faculty.
• Advising of international faculty (and their dependents) on regulations and procedures for maintaining legal status, travel, employment authorization, and other issues.
For more information about staff and services, please visit our websites:
www.pdx.edu/international-students and www.pdx.edu/international-scholars.
For information about international student admissions, contact the Office of Admissions at 503-725-3511 or email@example.com.
For information about English as a Second Language (ESL), contact the Intensive English Language Program, University Center Building Suite 400, 503-725-4088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.