International Student and Scholar Services
Karl Miller Center, Suite 660
University Center Building, Suite 401
Director: Christina Luther
Associate Director: Jill Townley
Assistant Director: Joshua Davis
Assistant Director: Michele Miller
International Student and Scholar Services staff work with admitted language programs and matriculated international students, visiting scholars, and international faculty. The office provides immigration, life and some academic (language program only) advising to international students as well as providing support to host departments and visiting faculty and scholars. The staff work closely with U.S. government agencies, foreign government sponsoring agencies, diplomatic missions, and others to ensure institutional compliance while helping to resolve academic, financial, immigration and adjustment issues.
Services and programs offered to international students, scholars and faculty include:
• Intensive orientation programs for all incoming international students and faculty.
• Immigration advising for international students, visiting scholars, and faculty.
• Administration of scholarships specifically for international students.
• Educational and social events for international students and scholars with University and community groups, including a mentoring program which matches new international students with returning students to facilitate a sense of belonging.
• Weekly or quarterly workshops on issues affecting international students, such as employment, taxes, cultural adjustment issues etc.
• A weekly International Coffee Hour open to all PSU students, staff, and faculty.
• Advising for PSU faculty and staff regarding the invitation and employment of international faculty.
• Advising of international scholars and faculty (and their dependents) on regulations and procedures for maintaining legal status, travel, employment authorization, and other issues.
For more information about staff and services, please visit our websites:
For information about international student admissions, contact the Office of Admissions at 503-725-3511 or email@example.com.
For information about English as a Second Language (ESL) offerings, contact the Intensive English Language Program, University Center Building Suite 400, 503-725-4088 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.pdx.edu/english-language-programs/