Policy on admission to undergraduate programs
Students may declare engineering or computer science as their major at any time after enrolling at Portland State University. However, students must be admitted formally to a specific degree program in civil engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, environmental engineering or mechanical engineering before they will (1) be allowed to enroll in restricted upper-division courses offered by the program and (2) be graduated from that program. Students apply for formal department admission one to two terms before completing all eligibility requirements. Specific department application deadlines, criteria for admission and applications are available on respective department websites.
Students transferring from other institutions who want to be admitted formally to a specific engineering degree program (civil engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering) must:
- Meet all eligibility requirements.
- Apply for admission to PSU.
- Apply for program admission to the Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Have one copy of their transcripts sent to their engineering or computer science department.
- Have one copy of their transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions.
Please see department websites for more specific admissions information.